Sunday, August 17, 2014

Last day of Instructor's training

I did my last training flight with our Flight School A Grade Instructor and CFI Brad today in preparation for my Instructor's Rating Skills test during the week. It is going to be a bit of a crazy week as I have registered for two Commercial Pilot exams on Wednesday and Thursday and hope to do my Instructor's Flight Test on Friday. Today we had a bit of fun in the skyye, avoiding some clouds and practising some simulated emergency landing on some ploughed sugarcane fields and the beach. We also did turning stalls and some advanced manoeuvres, getting really comfortable with the aeroplane n various unusual attitudes.

In the skyye and taking a selfie on the last training flight of my Instructor's rating with Brad
Taking off from Virginia for our adventure in the skyye. Isn't is great to have aviation aficionados to capture these special moments on camera!! Thanks Brian.

Banking away to the left cutting our own path through the skyye away from the clouds

The coastline around Amanzimtoti seen from the Virginia General Flying area

I also had a chance to jump on the back of Brad's microlight just to help him put the plane away in the hangar. With gusting winds someone needs to hold the wing (which moves in the wind) whilst the other handles the hangar doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment