Sunday, June 1, 2014

Windy but happy to be home

So great to have ZDL back home and be able to go for random flights when I feel like it. The weather in Durban over these months now is glorious and perfect for flying. I remember trying to finish my night rating over November/December and battling to find clear skies for weeks.

After my morning at the Flight School kiosk, I met up with my long-time friend Charissa who enjoyed her first flight in a Sling. The plane is flying beautifully with the new propellor and I think The Airplane Factory have set the pitch of the blades better than before. The performance is amazing. Jean, Director of The Airplane Factory, was also showing me how to set the constant-speed prop to hold then fine-tune it using the coarse/fine control. So much to learn always. (ps did you know that coarse in an antonym of fine?)






No comments:

Post a Comment