Sunday, June 22, 2014

Preparation

I'm flying our Sling FYA to Johannesburg and back tomorrow to get the Authority to Fly issued by the CAA. The red-tape is quite hectic and I had to get a Special Flight Permit issued for the flight then have the annual inspection done by the Airplane Factory before I can get the Authority to Fly to use the plane in our Flight School. So it's going to be 6 hours in the air tomorrow and I will get off to an early start. I checked the plane out today, uploaded new map raster files for the EFIS (on board flight computer or Electronic Flight Information System) as well as my route files to Tedderfield and back.




It was a beautiful weekend for flying and our Flight School handled those wanting to fly - here's our Chief Flying Instructor Brad (front) with John who already has 30 hours flying experience but never finished his licence a few years ago and is thinking of completing it now. (Photo by Trevor Viljoen)
Have you joined Durban Skyye Flight School Facebook group? Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment