Monday, June 23, 2014

FYA gets it's Flying School ATF

I had to fly to Johannesburg this morning and back again at sunset to get the Authority to Fly for our Flight School Sling. It needed an inspection check and a personal visit to the CAA to present the original documents, issued in time for me to drive back to Tedderfield (bakkie courtesy of Andrew) and get back to Durban as the sun was setting.

Unfortunately the plane wouldn't start as I was trying to get going as it seems the Master switch was left on while the guys were tinkering on the plane and the battery ran flat. Anyway, it was quickly tested and "jump-started" and was charging ok, so I was soon on my way. Thanks guys for sorting today. We now are able to offer training on FYA in the Flight School.



Routing to Tedderfield, home of the Airplane Factory just North of the Vaal Dam

Beautiful Slings lined up at the Factory




A new Sling 4

 The Civil Aviation Authority on Midrand controls aviation in South Africa and looks after Part 61 pilot training and Aviation Training Organsations.

At the same time as I collected the new ATF for FYA I also delivered the over 1000 pages of Manuals for approval of our proposed extension of flight school training to include Part 61, or PPL training in addition to the microlight and light sport aircraft training we offer.


Jean and Daniel check my plane's battery


The magnificent mountains around the Harrismith area on the way home.



No comments:

Post a Comment