Saturday, April 26, 2014

Aerobatics in the Eagle

Well the name of my blog is "Where Eagles Dare" and today I went up in an Eagle bi-plane with Matt from The Airplane Factory USA for some air experience over Long Beach California... there were several firsts for me on this trip so far.. first time flying in an Airbus A380 (will post a separate story about that), first time to fly directly over the North Pole (wow, didn't know you can do that), first time in a taildragger aeroplane, first flight in a bi-plane and my first aerobatic experience as Matt showed me a barrel roll, wing-overs, a complete loop and the hammerhead manoeuvre in which you fly up vertically until the plane can go no further and it then starts dropping and slipping out of the sky until you regain control.

That's me in front of Matt in the Eagle bi-plane in a shot taken by Llew from The Airplane Factory's Sling flown by Ryan over Long Beach, California. Wow, thanks guys, what an incredible experience and opportunity to fly with you guys whom I admire so much for your achievements in the States.
In my element in the sky over Long Beach




We came right up close to the Sling being flown by Ryan from The Airplane Factory USA

Watch the short YouTube video clip as we come up alongside the Sling then do a roll over it and regain position.. I cut the video and don't think I quite knew which was up or down as I held on for dear life.. ha ha.

The magnificant Eagle bi-plane owned by Matt (USA) and Mike (RSA) of The Airplane Factory. The paint job on the black plane is stunning and sexy






1 comment:

  1. I take off my hat to you guys. Amazing stories and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete