Thursday, December 10, 2015

To Johannesburg we go

As our aircraft were manufactured by The Airplane Factory in Johannesburg, I prefer to take them back there for most major services. This means we sometimes fly there with friends to fly our plane back, or fly there in our plane with them to bring theirs back. My pal Louis has joined me or me him on several of these flights and on this occasion Ryan joined me on the flight back.

The cockpit of Louis' Sling IS, JAL

Dave and Louis in JAL

We saw some clouds

Tedderfield Aeropark, home of The Airplane Factory, south of Johannesburg

Slings at the factory


The koppies around the Ladysmith area

Ryan and I made the trip back in FYA which I had left at the factory for servicing

You can tell how heavy the cloud cover is by looking at the shadows.. nice open sky today





Arrived safely in Durban with FYA


Durban harbour and the city always an awesome sight after a 3-hour flight from Johannesburg



Vrginia Airport off the wingtip of FYA




No comments:

Post a Comment