Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Chris joins me in the cockpit

My daughter's boyfriend Chris arrived in South Africa for Christmas - he's the US fighter pilot and the plan was to fly to the Ubizane Game Reserve up northern KZN while my daughter and Llew drove there, but the weather determined otherwise. We ended up driving there and back, but at least it was a chance for this US pilot to get to fly my plane and the occasion for him to ask me for her hand in marriage. They became engaged in January and on the 30th April 2016 they married.


Used to flying an A-10 fighter jet for the US Airforce, Chris was a natural at the flight controls of my Sling ZDL



My daughter Kate joins me for a flight

Chris and Kate, now married





en route to northern KwaZulu-Natal it became clear that the weather was not going to lift and we had to return to base

No comments:

Post a Comment