Monday, March 19, 2012

PPL Flight Test passed!!!


Final Flight Test today with Chief Flying Instructor Keith Charlesworth
Instrument flying under the "foggles" with Instructor Kyle

Beautiful clear day and view over KZN inland
I did my final lesson under "foggles" today completing my 15 hours of additional training to convert my NPL licence to PPL. This gives me the flexibility of flying a slightly heavier aeroplane, including the Sling with the additional fuel tank connected. The additional fuel tank pushes the Sling from a 600km to a 700kg mauw weight plane requiring the higher licence. The "foggles" were required for 5 hours of simulated cloud flying with reference to instruments only, a requirement for training PPL pilots.
The flight test with the Chief Flying Officer of Ayre Aviation Centre in Durban went smoothly and took a total of 2,8 hours. This included filing a flight plan and doing a dual cross country all of which too up my whole day from 8am to 4pm today.


No comments:

Post a Comment