Saturday, March 3, 2012

Conversion on the Yellow Submarine




I did a dirty today and swopped with Marc (3rd photo) and did my conversion to type Z236 on his Savannah ETD, while he did a conversion on my Sling... it was pretty cool though as this is the first other plane I have flown since getting my NPL licence on the Sling.

Our NPL instructor Brad did the conversion (middle photo) and Marc and I each did 5 landings at Virginia. Marc's plane flew well although I was seriously missing the flood of information available on the MGL efis in the Sling as well as the comfortable speed of my Red Rocket. At least we have converted one more pilot to the Sling. Marc's ETD yellow submarine will be coming with us on our expedition to the Cape in April, so it's good that we are both rated to fly each other's planes.

No comments:

Post a Comment