Friday, October 28, 2011

First passenger to fly licenced


My National Pilots Licence was issued in Johannesburg yesterday and picking it up from the courier this morning, and despite the less than perfect weather, it was up into the sky with my first passenger as a licenced pilot. I was confident, despite the scattered low clouds lurking around and the 15kt crosswind at Virginia Airport...

So up we went on a short flight to Coopers Lighthouse and back, passing a few clouds which disappeared below us as we climbed. It was soon all over and we were back safely on the ground. Llewellyn was a little apprehensive but I felt relaxed and calm and went through all of my pre-flight, en-route and landing checks like routine and I think befuddled Llewellyn with the ATC speak out and back to 120,6!

Great feeling. I'm free as a bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment