Sunday, June 7, 2015

Visited sister in Margate

One of the reasons I continue to live in Durban is that it's "lekker by die see". I took a 45 min flight down the coast today to visit my sister and brother-in-law on holiday there. We had all the kids for the weekend so we also needed the car. I then flew one way with my step-son Calvin whilst Llew drove with the other kids, then for the home journey we swopped and he flew back whilst I drove the car home. It was Llew's first flight solo as a licenced pilot so it was quite an exciting day. We had a great braai in Margate overlooking the beach and enjoyed the catchup with my sis - also taking Kim and Gert for a flight over the Margate beachfront.

Dave, sister Kim and her husband Gert

Calvin and Dave flying along the coast to Margate

We did some low level flying too down to 100ft along the shoreline

My sister Kim with our Sling ZDL at Margate Airport after her flip

Gert relaxed after his flight along the Margate beachfront

Llewellyn takes a selfie during his solo flight home - his first as a licenced pilot

No comments:

Post a Comment