Sunday, May 3, 2015

May weather

April and May are definitely Durban's best months.. clear skyye and beautiful weather, best for flying. I enjoyed some airtime with my student Gordon in the Virginia General Flying area inland of Amanzimtoti.


My second Sling FYA has only one of the two fuel tanks connected. This means the total maximum weight of the plane (MAUW) with fuel, pilot and passenger, can be kept below 600kg which enables the plane to be classified a "Light Sport Aircraft" for which I have my instructor's rating. My other plane ZDL has both fuel tanks connected, which is great for range - I can fly to Johannesburg and back without refuelling - but requires the higher PPL licence to fly as the weight exceeds 600kgs and which requires a Commercial Pilot's licence to be able to instruct on.


No comments:

Post a Comment