Monday, September 16, 2013

2 Years Strong

Two years ago today my then instructor Brad flew up commercial airline with me to Johannesburg to take delivery of the Sling ZU-ZDL that Llewellyn and I had built at The Airplane Factory. I was still doing my NPL licence which I was going to complete in ZDL and Brad did his conversion to the Sling before we headed back to Durban in a new aircraft that was quite bedazzeling to us both. We were certain that the fuel in the one tank we were allowed to connect (75l) would get us all the way... autopilot here we come whilst we figured out the new controls and handling of the plane.

So here we are 2 years later and it was fitting that Brad joined me in the cockpit for some windy manoeuvres south of Durban with 280 hours on the hobbs and my 260 hours personal time as a student, and NPL and PPL pilot. Thanks Noel, Brad, Kyle and the lads at Light Flight and Ayre Aviation for the instruction, guidance and friendships made over the 2 years.

I took a short video clip which you can see on YouTube here, as well as a few pics. And another video of Brad and I here.

Amazing at number of the rural homes close to the city

Dave is Pilot in Command (PIC)

The shores south of Durban in the Virginia General Flying area

Inland views
Also check out the pics when we took delivery of ZDL here.

No comments:

Post a Comment