Thursday, February 16, 2012

PPL on it's way


Had my 3rd PPL lesson today with Kyle from Ayre Aviation Centre in Durban. The conversion of my NPL licence to PPL requires me to do 10 hours dual training (5 of which instrument training) and 5 hours solo. I was planning my solo as a trip to Johannesburg for the planes 100 hour service, but the Chief Flying Instructor was having a heart attack that I would be out of his jurisdiction, so I will have to log those 5 locally.

The "foggles" were quite fun, flying blind with only the EFIS in sight, but I soon got used to it a apart from drifting to the left, and can see that I will be able to get the hang of it. I have already logged 3.9 of the 10 hours dual so am well on my way to my PPL flight test, having already passed the PPL exams when I did my NPL licence.

No comments:

Post a Comment