Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Flight of 2011

Cheers to 2011

Umhlanga lighthouse and beachfront from the air

 It's the last day of 2011 and the last flight of ZDL before the New Year. And what a year it has been.. started flying lessons at the end of May, got my NPL licence during September and took delivery of our brand new Sling!!! I've clocked nearly 100 hours and 40 since getting my licence in the Red Rocket.

Today the clouds had settled over Alverstone so the passage through to join my mates at Light Flight diminished, so I decided to take a short last flight up the coast (which was clear), wave hello to the Control Tower at King Shaka International, and do a turn-about at Ballito returning for another perfect lading at Virginia. Goodbye 2011. 2012 is going to see us do a trip to Johannesburg for the Red Rocket's 100 hour service as well as a trip to Cape Town to visit my son Mark, stopping off probably at Plettenburg Bay, Stellenbosch and maybe Saldhana Bay.

Marc the "troll" Trollip tries out ZDL over Table Mountain, Cato Ridge, on a quick jaunt out of Light Flight on  Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment