Sunday, July 24, 2011

Neat chopper


There are quite a few neat aircraft at Light Flight where I train. Here's a chopper I captured yesterday. Home built and very cool. One of the limitations with them I always thought is that you are stuck where they land, but you will see the clever little wheels (like a wheelbarrow) the owner has made.. you lift up each side with the fulcrum and clip the wheel on. When both sides are done the helicoper is pushed easily in and out of the hangar. Simple but effective.

Oh, did I tell you I got lost this week? Not too hectic and within a few ks of my home field, but part of my training to venture out on my own and find my way back. I was retracing my flight to the N3 highway when my instructor spotted me cruising the skies from the ground and diverted me back to the field. Next exam is on Tueday - Human Preformance - and Friday I write (or click .. its an online exam) Flight Planning and Performance, a little more tricky... loads of graphs and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment